Thursday, May 28, 2009

2 weeks down!

Date: Wed, 27 May 2009

Hello to all of my friends and family as i get ready to start another wonderful week in the life of Elder Yoshida. Let me just say that this last week went by about as fast the first two days. Things are a lot better now that we're kind of on a set schedule. However, I'm kind of depressed I have only received one DearElder and one email from my friends. I think they need to step it up a little bit. It would be best if you would DearElder me or write me a letter, cause like I said last week I only get 30 mins on the computer so it would be better use that time to write everyone than read a bunch of emails. Not that I don't love them of course. Well I got lots to touch on plus a lot of personal emails so let's get started.
The District is great and I love my companions. However, there is one missionary that I'm not sure everyone sees eye to eye with. I'm not going to say his name, but sometimes I want to punch him. He just acts like he knows everything, tries to teach our classes, and then tries to lecture us when we're not following the rules a hundred percent. I don't mind getting a simple reminder... wait I'll just tell the story. So I was being a gangster one night and I was in his room. My pants were sagging a little bit (my sweats i should say) and this is what he said, "pull your pants up, and get out of my room" i wanted to punch him so i quickly left before anything happened. Now five minutes later I was still gangstering it up when another person in my district saw me and said. "Elder, you might want to pull your pants up just a little bit. Just to respect the garment a little more." and I just thought... you're right and I'm glad you approached me and said that nicely. Maybe I would listen to this companion if he would actually obey some of the rules himself. But I'm supposed to be positive so that's enough on that. I'm having to ask the Lord with patience, and maybe this is good practice for when I'm out in the field and get stuck with someone like that forever.
D&C 31: Elder Halford gave me this scripture right before I left. It talks on how my families will be blessed because of my service. I think I can feel it happening, and I hope I am blessing your lives by my service. Not to mention it says my future families will be blessed so girls: keep that in mind :)
Every Tuesday we have a general authority come and speak to us. First week it was Elder Neuenschwander and this week it was Elder Callister, both of the Seventy. Elder Callister's talk was amazing. It was on Christ and how we always need to testify of Christ. It was so awesome. I'm so looking forward to the coming weeks, because every year they have the new mission presidents come in and there are apostles and the prophet roaming around the mtc. I'm looking forward to that.
My branch president Baird's daughter came home from Taiwan and she shared an amazing scripture. I think it's 2 Timithoy 2:4-5? It talks about being soldiers of God and it just makes me enjoy the work.
To all of you out there. Caffeine is allowed here :) They just don't sell it. They have caffeine free mountain dew but that's kind of like hamburger helper without the hamburger. So for any of you contemplating on sending me a package. I will love you that much more :)
I was given advice by my brother in-law Brandt and cousin Spencer about being yourself, and I have taken that to heart. Almost a little too far. I have become the District's singer and I sing so much to them. They all love it, but maybe I'm not being a good example :) I'll sing Disturbed and Linkin Park and whatever pops into my head and everyone loves it. I couldn't think of not being myself. That would make this experience so boring.
The MTC is still on alert for Swine Flu. How annoying is that? We can't handshake or do anything. If I miss out on shaking an apostle's hand I will be very angry.
> I'd like to give a shout out to Elder Halford. Happy Birthday. The BIG 21. Now you can drink :) I guess that will have to wait til you get home haha.
So I didn't even realize Monday was memorial day until Sunday night when a speaker had to remind us. That's how busy/locked up we are. But I actually like it. I think the more things I worry about outside the MTC the more homesick I get, however I would like to hear updates on the playoffs. The last I heard Cleveland is having a little trouble with Orlando and they're losing 2-1? And the Lakers are beating Denver 2-1? I have no idea.
On P-Days we go to the temple and it's just amazing. I learn something new every day. I look forward to going every week.
Last Thursday I accidentally got me and our companions locked out of our room. That was an adventure. We all had to sit around in our towels for over an hour while we had to wait for another companionship to get us a key. I felt dumb after that.
One funny thing. So most of you know how I was/is obsessed with Pokemon. haha. My companions were too. We had about an hour long discussion on which games were better than the other one. It was awesome.
And on a last note. I'm glad I know how to sing, because I think the rest of my district is a little tone deaf. We try singing hymns in Spanish and man they don't go so well.
I'll email personal emails later today but my companions want me to go considering they had a timer.... SUCKERS! anyways I love you guys and you are all in my prayers. Keep it real.
Love,
Elder Yoshida

No comments: