Thursday, May 28, 2009

My first letter

Date: Wed, 20 May 2009

Hola Mi familia! It is great to be getting letters from you all. Oh How I love being a missionary. When we first got there everyone from our zone that had already been there for a couple weeks were telling us, "Just make it until Sunday, and you'll be fine" Boy were they right. I won't lie when I say the first two days sucked. I mean they were great spiritual wise, but it's just getting into the flow of everything kind of made it hard to adapt at first. And now that we're starting the new week we are on a set schedule so its a little less stressful.
So Wednesday is my P-Day and that's when you'll be receiving my e-mails. Since I don't have anyones home address I can't really write anyone letter until they send me a letter first. For all my friends my address is:
Elder Samuel James Yoshida
MTC Mailbox #177
CHI-RAN 0713
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604
Mom I hope you forward this to all my friends and Zach can help you with that. I appreciate the letters I got so far. I was a little worried you had forgotten about me, because I haven't received a letter until yesterday. Then I heard the story about Katelyn, and I must say that is a little funny. For all you friends who find it too hard to write me. DearElder.com works wonders. You send the mail and I'll get it in a letter form the same day. It's muy bueno.
When we got there they organized us into our district. There are 11 Elders in our district. I will send pictures soon! 8 of them are going to Honduras, and the trio (Me, Elder Williams and Elder Ray) are going to Chile. I love my companions. Elder Williams's birthday was yesterday, celebrating the big 21, so we had a big party for him. He is from Mapelton. Elder Ray is from Mesa. Elder Beckstead is in my group and we were talking. I guess he was a roommate of Braeden Clayson at Idaho State. He wasn't too fond of him I take it :) He's from Clifton, Idaho. I have seen many other Elders I know. Elder (Tyler) Owens is in my same schedule so we have gym at the same time. It's great stuff. I got a picture with him next to the big map and I'll send that as well. I've also run into Elder Moon, Elder (Tim) Johnson, and a couple other Elders who were in my singles ward. What a small world.
The food here is bueno. Some of it can get nasty, but for the most part it's all good. However it does give you some major gas. I've never has such bad gas in my life. I feel sorry for my companions. And for all you. I still can drink pop :) However, no caffeine. They do have caffeine free coke but its not the same. I would love it if someone sent me a package with Mt. Dew :)
The classes are great. My teacher is so awesome and he looks just like Jason Bourne. We always crack jokes on him killing us with pens. I'm progressing a lot in the language. On your mission you use the Usted form instead of the Tu form. For example a lot of people say Come Esta, and you say muy Bien, y tu. WRONG! I guess it's improper and you can say it to your friends. When you're talking to people you don't know you say "muy Bien, y usted." Zach can help explain that. Yeah Mrs. Early was a retard. I learned more in two days then I learned the whole year with her.
I hope all is well and everyone is doing well. Please write, because I love to hear from you all. The Lord has blessed me immensely with not feeling homesick. I do miss you, but a greater work is to be done. I love you all.
Yo se que la iglesia es verdadero. Yo se que Jesucristo es mi Salvadaor y mi redentor. Yo se que Jose Smith es un profeta de Dios. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es la plabra de Dios.
Elder Yoshida.
P.S. Congrats Helen and Kyler and Happy Birthday to Kylee!


No comments: