Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Nathan's Farewell

I made my second trip to Idaho in two weeks this weekend. This weekend it was for one of my great friend's, Nathan Broadhead, farewell. I had to work from 3:30-midnight on Friday so I didn't leave Friday.

Saturday was BYU's last home game. However, I wanted to leave early so we wouldn't be stuck in traffic all day. The score was 20-0 at halftime so I decided to take my cousin, Ben, to go get his clothes and Uncle Lester's equinox that we would be using to get there. (Since my car is still out of commision) After we got the car ready we picked my friend, Darby, and her friend, Shawn, up from her apartment. Together we all drove up to Idaho. When we reached Burley I dropped Darby and Shawn off at Shawn's house. I went over to my dad's house and visited him for a couple hours. After that Ben, Zach, Sydney, and I went to KFC so I could visit some of my old co-workers. Then we all headed on over to Lora and Blaine's where all of the family was there hanging out. I ended up crashing there, because I talked with Jamie about her Sadie's date and a bunch of other random stuff.

Nathan's farewell was on Sunday. His talk was a little different, but you just have to know Nathan's personality to be able to stand it. After his farewell I went back to my home and hung out with the family some more. I was killing time until Nathan's open house. About eight or so of Nathan's friends showed up and we all just sat and talked. After a couple hours we headed on back to Utah.

I wish Nathan the best of luck on his mission. He will report to the MTC on Wednesday. He is going to Argentina. I'm way exciting for him, and I know this will be a humbling and great experience for him. I can't wait to go on a mission. I'm glad he was able to set an example for me.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Looks like you had a good weekend.