Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why I Don't Like BYU Students

This is more of a frustration blog. It's been going through my mind ever since I've started school, and I feel like I need to get it out somehow. Before we start if any BYU students read this it might not be aimed directly at you, but this is how I view most BYU students.
As we all know, BYU is mostly reserved for the smart students. I myself find a hard time figuring out how I got accepted. However, most BYU students know why they've been accepted, and that we should all be appreciate that they are here. I myself tell people how hard I study and how I still suck on the tests, but some BYU students tend to make it sound easy. "I got a 94 on my test, and I only studied for two hours." I know pretty darn well they studied for more than that, but they just have to 1UP anyone they can. In one of my classes we do take home tests. We then bring it back to class and correct in class. If a BYU student misses one question they have to fight for their reasoning behind the answer they chose, and insist that they still be given credit for it. Get over it! It's one freakin answer.
Another group of people I have grown to dislike are the BYU fans. Man they are so annoying. I sit in front of a guy who criticizes every wrong play, and explains why any good play worked. It was just last weekend when we were playing SDSU. We handed the ball off to Harvey and he started running it. The guy behind me was screaming "RUN, RUN C'mon" I was thinking first of all "I don't think he can hear you," and I'm pretty sure Harvey was thinking, "Oh, is that what I'm supposed to be doing?" One series we went three and out and this guy continued to say, "That was the worst play calling ever. He's so dumb. He needs to pass more." blah blah blah. It's like dude, shutup and enjoy the game. So what if we're not beating them by 50. He's not the only fan like that. Almost all BYU fans are like that.
To close out on one last note I will tell you another story of why I don't care for Utahns period. My friend and I decided to go to Cafe Rio for dinner. As we were walking through the door I decided to hold the door open for the people exiting the resteraunt. As the family of four (adults) walked out of the resteraunt, they all just looked at me and continued to walk out the door. Every single one of them. One at a time. I did not receive one thank you. No I'm not one that thinks I need a thank you everything I perform an act of service, but c'mon. Not one of them said thank you. They just continued to walk as if to say, "Yeah, you should be holding that door for me." Arrgh. I was really irritated.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sam I totally know what you mean! When I lived in Provo there were weirdies all over the place. Bugged so bad. Sorry about the Cafe Rio incident. People are rude. I always say thank you when someone holds a door for me. It's common courtesy. They are just ones too wrapped up in themselves to care about anyone else. You're awesome!!!

sjhalford said...

Way to hold the door open! I know you are on your way to the UTE side!