Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I had waited all month to finally go home and visit the family for Thanksgiving and boy did I have a blast. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures from this weekend so you'll just have to read about it. Mom... Digital Camera is #1 on my Christmas list.
I had to work Wednesday morning from 8-4:30, but my work was kind to me and let me leave an hour early. Liann Bolingbroke carpooled down with me, because she does not have a car. It was fun to have someone to talk with me on the way there and back. The best news of that day was that RedOctane finally sent me my fixed cymbal for my Guitar Hero World Tour. We were going to have a party this weekend. We got into Burley about 7. I dropped Liann off and went straight to my dad's house. Ben, Stacey, and Luke were there and it was great to see them. We played guitar hero the whole night. It was a blast.
Thanksgiving was a long day for me. First we all went to Lori's mom's house like always and had dinner with them. I hadn't seen Lori's family in a long time so it was great to see them. After dinner Zach, Sydney, and I went over to Lora and Blaine's house for their Thanksgiving. All of Lora and Blaine's family was there plus Mom, Brian, and Charlie. It was fun. We played some guitar hero with Jamie, because she's always dying to play some guitar hero :) After that party we went back over to Dad's to spend the night.
Friday was an awesome day. It was Dad's birthday (Happy 46th) and for my birthday present to him he, Zach, and I went to the Boise State Fresno State football game. It was so awesome. The game got off to a slow start. It was only 13-10 at halftime, but then Boise State exploded in the 2nd half scoring 51 unanswered points and destroying them 61-10. It was so cool. Ian Johnson also tied Marshaull Faulk for the most rushing TD's in WAC history. I'm still upset that they might not go to a BCS bowl even though they went undefeated
Saturday was pretty fun as well. All of the family went to Zach Searle's basketball game against Preston. They lost by about eight. After that we stayed for the varsity game to check out and see how the team will fare this year. I would have to say the team is not that good. I can tell it's going to be a long season for them. We left in the middle of the 3rd quarter and they were down by 19. I got to see Katelin Robins there who I have not seen since Halloween. It was great to see her again. That night I went over to Kyler's house where Tom Whipple and Riley Christenson came over. We all played some more guitar hero. It was fun. Then we watched Iron Man. I love that show.
Sunday was just a chill day. I went to sacrament meeting. Mom, Brian, Sydney, Zach, and I played LIFE. I took everyone to school. Then I got everything packed out, picked Liann back up, and we headed back home.
This weekend was an awesome experience. I can't wait to be back home again for Christmas... especially when I'll be seeing Lindsay, Craig, and Katelyn. I'm so excited.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

sjhalford said...

I am wondering why I am sitting here reading this when you are just a few feet away causing havoc with my husband!