Monday, March 16, 2009

Double Duty






So I totally spaced last week's adventure so I'll have to do double duty this week. Nothing exciting happened last week except for the fact that my sister came from Chicago. Craig's sister was getting married so they came to Orem, to spend a day with us. On Friday we had a huge party with a ton of family over. We also celebrated Ryan's birthday. A lot of people tried the guitar hero world tour. It was a lot of fun.




On Saturday I decided to enter in a Halo tournament with Zach. I thought I was pretty decent, but man those guys were freaking insane. We lost every game like 25 to 6. I finally quit after a couple hours and went home.




This week was just another lame one. Nothing too huge happened until the weekend. I finally got a new job working for Parley and Marilynn’s insulation stuff. I basically just stay in the back of the truck and feed the insulation in a machine that goes through a hose up to the attic. I get paid 2 cents a square foot which isn’t bad. I did about 6000 square feet in about 4 hours which totals out to be $30 an hour. Not bad eh?
I hung out with a couple girls this week. One was that Celes girl from Declo. She had to go to a pre-missionary fireside for her mission prep class, and so I went with her. It was a pretty good fireside. On Thursday I hung out with Brittney Galbraith. Haha no nothing’s going to happen from that. But I didn’t end up dropping her off til like 3 in the morning. Like we got done with the move at 1 and then I took her to her house and we ended up just sitting in my car talking till 3. She sure can talk that’s for sure.
The only other thing happening now is sports. I don’t know if I told you, but the Jazz were doing awesome. They were on a 12 game winning streak, and finally got up to 4th in the Western Conference, BUT they have now lost three straight and are back down to 7th in the conference. I’m telling ya. The Jazz cannot beat any good team on the road, and that’s why they will never win a championship.
BYU do what they do best in choking in the Mountain West tournament. San Diego State beat UNLV in the first round so you figure it will be a breeze now. Yeah right. BYU lost to SDSU the next game by two points. Utah then beat SDSU by 2. It was so frustrating, but it’s okay because BYU is still in the tournament. The brackets just came out today, and BYU will play Texas A&M AGAIN in another 8 and 9 game. Talk about Déjà vu. Utah got up to a number 5. The Mountain West got snubbed this year. They were thinking at least 3 maybe 5 teams would make it into the tournament, but the only other one was Utah at #5. I think that’s a little high for Utah, but I definitely think SDSU deserves a shot in. Just to let you know the #1 seeds are: Louisville, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, and North Carolina. It should be interesting

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love you blog. I miss you!

Dani said...

I'm sad I missed the party. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. When are you going through the temple?