Sunday, March 1, 2009

Missionary Week

The weekend was really intense. I had a sleepless night on Tuesday, because I anticipated it coming on Wednesday. I decided to skip my evening class so I could come home and check the mail. I arrived as soon as the mailman had just put the mail in the mailbox. I open the mailbox. Bill, bill, bill; Danget! It didn’t come. It’s okay. I was told they usually mail them out to be received on Thursday.

I don’t have school on Thursday so I spent many hours sitting in Parley and Marilynn’s office; taking a quick peak out of the window every now and then in hopes of the mailman coming. It’s 3:30. Where the crap is the mailman? So I decided to give my mom a call:
“Mom, Can you call the bishop and ask him to find out where my papers are?”
“Sure, I’ll call him right now and call you back.” About five minutes later I receive a text from Sydney
“I think we have your call here.” I was so angry and called Sydney
“What did you just say?”
“I think we have your call. It’s in a big envelope and says Elder Samuel James Yoshida” Parley and Marilynn’s phone rings and its my mom.
“Sydney I’ll talk to you later.”
“Hi Sam. We have your call. Bryan just brought it in about five minutes ago.”
“WHAT? Whatever, at least I know I’m coming home for the weekend.”

My third sleepless night in a row was Thursday night. I had to take a communications test, and decided to skip my other classes.

7:00 finally rolled around and I swear there were nearly 50 people there. Here goes nothing:

Dear Elder Yoshida:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Chile Rancagua Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months.

You should report to the Missionary Training Center at Provo, Utah on Wednesday, 13 May 2009. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language. Your mission president may modify your specific assignment according to the needs of the mission.

I’M GOING TO CHILE. I am so dang excited. I’m going to be able to talk to all my Mexican cousins when I get back. I’m so excited.

That was my exciting week. Go to my facebook and there I have a video of me opening my call.

2 comments:

Dani said...

YAY!

Lindsay said...

I so excited and relieved that you're happy. Love you