Monday, March 30, 2009

A Very Stressful Week



Before I get started let me just answer Danielle's question. Sorry Dani I don't think I'll be able to make it up this weekend. I have work, and Lester got me and Kylee tickets to a general conference session. I haven't found out which session it is, but I'm way excited.


This week was no fun at all for me. I have three papers do this week so I was stressing about them all last week and how I was going to get them done. Parley and Marilynn's computer fried so I've been going into Parley's office every now and then when they're not home and doing the computer stuff. It feels awkward sometimes It's also been kind of a stress figuring out on when I'm going to the temple. I told my mom and I think we are getting set on April 26th in the Twin Falls temple. It should be intense.


My car got towed on Friday. I parked it on the side of an insurance building that sits in front of Parley's old PPM store in Provo. I have parked it there for the past two weeks when I go to work. I get done with my job, I'm already tired as it is, I have an 8 page paper I need to get to work on, and my car is not there when I go to get into it. I was so mad. There are no signs that say "No Parking" I called the police station because I thought it had been stolen. They told me that it had been called in to tow it by the insurance company. It's "Administrator Parking" I was like, bull crap it is. So I called the towing company and they said, "I'll meet you at the lot at 8:30" Parley and I went to the lot and he did not show up until 9:10. The dude then told me that they wouldn't have called it in, but it was because I parked in front of a trailor that they had to get out. I told him the trailor was a tiny one that they could move by hand and there were four other cars blocking it so I figured it wouldn't have been a big deal. He told me he was sorry, but that he still needed me to pay for it. As I went for my debit card Parley pulled out his and said I'll take care of it. I tried to fight to let me pay for it, but he wouldn't let me. It's amazing all the things they have done for me. Parley was pretty upset and said that's community parking and he should not have been towed. I'm going to have a talk with the manager of the insurance company and ask him what the deal is. I hope Parley gets his money back.


Saturday was brighter. I went to work and it was a pretty long day, but I got a call from my buddy who still works at APX and he told me he had courtside seats to the Utah Flash game. I was like I'm so not passing that up. We went to a Japanese restaurant first to eat. That was freaking intense. The food was very good. Even the raw fish! The game was awesome. The Flash pulled out the win 104-100. I almost got a picture with the flash girls but I chickened out in the end.


Well that's my week for you. Hope all is going well. I still don't have any ideas on what I need to write. I figured this week was long enough so I think I'll be okay. Until next week.... PEACE


Oh and Happy Birthday Danielle tomorrow. I'll be sure to call you :)

4 comments:

Dani said...

That was nice of Parley, but dumb they towed your car. I hope you keep writing and posting pics like this on your mission; it's fun to hear what you're up to. Thanks for the happy birthday. It has been happy thus far :)

Lindsay said...

How dumb they towed your car. I think Parley should take it to small claims court. He would totally win. How much was the tow? Stuff like that makes me really mad especially since he knew he shouldn't have towed you and he did any way. He had no legal right to do that. I'm steamed!!! I'm glad that you got to go to a fun game. Thanks for posting. I always love to hear about what you're up to.

Bradpetehoops said...

More power to the basketball games.

Anonymous said...

Sam, Sorry you have had a stressful week. That makes me so mad about the car. So nice of Parley to do what he did we do have an awesome family. I think you posted the 26th for your temple day. It is actually the 25th at 1:30 Twin Falls Temple. So proud of you let these experiences give you growth and pay it forward with kind deeds of your own. Love ya-Mom