Sunday, February 22, 2009

Random thoughts and my week

First of all. MOM I WANT A DIGITAL CAMERA This blog would be so much better if I could put some pictures up.
Today was a prety productive week I think. I decided to actually start doing my homework which is a plus. I finally got my stupid communications project and my american heritage paper out of the way. Now all I have to worry about is my communications test this week which I am not looking forward to.
I also started working out again. I was so sore the first couple of days, and my chest and abs are still pretty sore. I want to be ripped so I can get more girls to want to write to me on my mission. :)
I don't know if I ever told anyone this, but for the past month or so I have spent a lot of time with Kylee, my cousin. She's always there for me and I hope that she can consider me one thats there for her as well. I tend to sleep over at their house at least twice a week now. I'll usually go later in the evenings and chill, and then Kylee will usually bring me back home on her way to school. I love spending time with her and Ben. I don't have many friends here so it's nice to have someone to talk to.
My Bishop back home called me on Thursday and told me that my call has been made. They are now in the process of sending out the letter to me. I will probably get it Wednesday or Thursday. I plan on making a trip to Idaho again to open my call. Since Parley and Marilynn's family are so excited to see where I go as well they want me to make sure no one tells them, and I will read it to them Sunday evening. I'm so excited. One thing that has gotten on my nerves though is when girls think they know more about the mission process than I do. No offense to Kylee, but sometimes it irritates me when she tells me what I will and won't be able to do and when this and that's going to happen and sometimes I just want to say, you know? How can you be so sure. Trust me, unless you're an RM yourself I will have a very hard time believing anything you say haha.
So we had an awesome churchball game on Friday. I kind of miss being the all-star like I was back home. Now I hardly score any points and it gets frustrating sometimes. I'm used mostly for defense now because I do play stellar defense. But anywho it was tied with one minute. A guy on our team made a 3 pointer with 30 seconds left. Then one of their guys made one with 10 seconds left. On the next play one of our guys drove the lane and put up some wild layup and it went in with three seconds left. They passed it down the court and the guy shot it at the buzzer and one of our guys fouled them. Are you freakin kidding me? so with .5 seconds the guy had two free throws. he missed the first one, tried to miss the second one, and accidentally made it so we won by 1 point. It was pretty intense.
Well that will do it for this week. I'm not sure if anyone besides Lindsay even follows this blog, but if you do give me some ideas to write about. I'm getting kind of bored. Look forward to my next issue where I will let everyone know where I'm going on my mission :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Isn't that a weird feeling...you have your call and it's just sitting in an envelope somewhere just waiting to get to you. I can't wait to find out. So you'll be in Idaho this weekend right?

Dani said...

I didn't know you had a blog! how fun :) see you tomorrow!