Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Trip To Idaho

This weeend was an exciting weekend and I just have to share it.
I made a trip to Idaho, mostly for my mission papers, but I got to do many things while I was there that made this trip very awesome.
I arrived in Burley Wednesday night which ironically was the Burley Minico game at Burley. I did not sit in the student section, unlike some grad students that do, but I found myself cheering very loud and acting just as rowdy as I did last year. It was a great game. Kyle Hepworth was struggling, and it was a good thing A.J. Hunter stepped up and hit some big three's or else we might've lost.
I got beat up on Thursday. It started at 9 AM when I went to get my physical. They had to take a urine sample, a blood test (which I almost passed out), and a tuberculosis check (they shoved a needle under my skin that made it look like a bee sting). I also had to drop the drawers and get an examination, and that's about as far as I'll go. After that I had to go straight to my dentist appointment where I also got my teeth cleaned. There they weren't very careful in poking my teeth with sharp objects in which I bled a little bit. I got a little break, but then I had to go get my shots. I had a shot for meningitis, hepititis A and B, MMR, and tetanus. I was so scared at first but the lady there was really good, and it didn't hurt at all.
Later that day I went to Sydney's church volleyball game. They lost in two sets. After that game I went to Dairy Queen to visit one of my good friends Sam Foiles who was also in Burley at the time. It was great to see her and talk with her for a while. Then I went to Zach's churchball game. They played Kyler's ward and we destroyed them. It was 92-36 or something like that. I was thinking "Where was this team last year" They played defense better and they shot a lot better than they ever did when I played with them. I think part of it was more experience and a lot of it was better coaching. After the game I went and helped Kyler clean the bank, and then chilled at his house for a while.
Friday evening Kyler and I went snowboarding. This was the first time going for me, and let me tell you it was a fun experience. I'm grateful Kyler had enough patience with me, because I fell a lot. I did learn fast though, and I must say I got pretty good for my first time. I still got a lot more practice to be as good as him or any other experienced snowboarder for that fact. My butt was so sore though. I could barely sit in his truck haha. I spent the night at his house and Zach came over after work as well.
On Saturday I spent the whole day just chilling at home. I did go and pick up my brand new suit though. Later that night though Kyler came over along with his friend/date, Danielle Tilley. Andrea also came from Poky to visit. We played Ticket to Ride which Andrea won, and then we watched a movie. I had a lot of fun just talking and laughing with each other. I think all of us had a good experience.
Sunday I had my bishop's interview for my mission papers. I'll still have one more interview with him, and then an interview with the Stake President and then my mission papers will be done. Woohoo! I'm so excited and can't wait to see where I'm going.
I'm planning on going back to Burley again this weekend to get those interviews. Look forward to my next issue where I will be discussing that weekend.
PEACE!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Let me know when your papers do get in. I love you!