Thursday, October 28, 2010

Buckcherry, Three Days Grace, and Nickelback

Here I go again with another post for today. Just trying to keep yall busy. Well, just trying to keep myself busy.

Last week I got to go to another awesome concert with my brother, Zach. I love my brother to death. He makes me laugh, and even though I've corrupted him a little bit, he still sets a bigger example for me then I do for him.

He showed up the night before our concert and we kinda just chilled at the house. We were going to go mini golfing, but our FHE sisters asked us to come visit them for a little bit. By the time we were done talking to them the mini golf place was closed so Zach and I went to Walmart to get some food for the next couple of days.

The day of the concert was really fun. We went mini golfing at Trafalga. We found two extra balls on the course so we felt okay to play an extra round. :) I beat him, but I think it's just cause I get more practice than he does.

The concert started with Buckcherry from Los Angeles California. I don't know much about them so they weren't as good cause I didn't know any of their songs. I think the only song that people know is called "I'm Sorry"

I'm sorry I'm bad, I'm sorry I'm blue
I'm sorry 'bout all the things I said to you
And I know, I can't take it back
I love how you kiss, I love all your sounds
And baby the way you make my world go round
And I just wanted to say, I'm sorry

Next up was the band that was the reason why Zach and I went: Three Days Grace. Three Days Grace is from Ontario, Canada and they have hit singles like: I hate everything about you Animal I've become, Never too late, Pain, and Break They sang those songs and also some songs off their new album that most people don't know, but of course Zach and I did. They sang World so cold which was amazing. My favorite song was "Last to know". It's a slow song that just starts off with the piano and the lead singer, Adam Gontier. Look it up on YouTube because it is awesome. The chorus starts:

You were the first to say, that we were not okay
You were the first to lie, when we were not alright
This was my first love, she was the first to go
And when she left me for you, I was the last to know

And then the rest of the band came on the stage and it became all powerful music with him singing the last chorus:

I'll be the first to say, that now I'm okay
And for the first time, I've opened up my eyes
This was my worst love, you'll be the first to go
And when she leaves you for dead, you'll be the last to know

Last up was Nickelback, who we saw in May. It was very similar to the concert before so it wasn't as exciting, but they were still really good. They didn't sing some songs that I really liked that I'd hoped they would've like Far Away and If Everyone Cared, but at least they sang my favorite song, Someday:

How the Hell'd we wind up like this
Why weren't we able
to see the signs that we missed
and try to turn the table
Now the stories played out like this
just like a paperback novel
Let's rewrite an ending that fits
instead of a Hollywood Horror

Nothing's wrong just as long as you know that someday I will

Someday, Somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when
You're the only one who knows that
Someday, Somehow
I'm gonna make it alright but not right now
I know you're wondering when.

I don't have pictures now cause I'm at work, but I will post them as soon as I get them.

No comments: