Thursday, October 28, 2010

Game Review: Halo Reach Album Reviews: Asylum & A Thousand Suns

Blog #4: I love my job

Okay this will probably be my last blog for today cause I don't know of what else to blog about. I'm sure I'll think of something sooner or later though.
First up on these reviews is the new and last game of the Halo series, Halo Reach. This game is a prequel to the first Halo when there were many super soldiers, Spartans, that trained and work on a planet called Reach. The covenant invade Reach in search of a weapon to help take over the galaxy. The humans must secure the weapon and keep it out of enemy hands to avoid the end of the human species. I was really surprised at how well they made this story fit into the beginning of the first Halo. It exceeded my expectations by a long shot. I was really concerned because the multiplayer Beta was terrible. And while not much has changed from the Beta, I have adapted my playing style to best fit the game and now it's more fun.

The positives are the equipment you get to use. You can use to either have a jetpack, be able to sprint, or sometimes go invisible. Every player uses a different set so it makes the game very unique and different every time. I love how they have daily challenges that help you earn more credits to buy cool armor and upgrades.

The only negative I can think about is that the multiplayer maps are not as good as Halo 3's. Oh and the achievements are pretty easy. I've only had the game a few weeks and only need one more achievement to have my 1,000.

Here is my order for each Halo game according to campaign fun:
5. Halo ODST
4. Halo 2
3. Halo Reach
2. Halo 3
1. Halo

I give the game an 8 out of 10



My next review is Disturbed's newest album that came out on September 28th I think. It's called Asylum and it will rock your socks off. Now I know most of you think of Dusturbed as, well, Disturbing, but they are a really awesome band and actually sing about better topics than drugs, sex, and violence. This album had many different songs that sang about various themes. The first song is called Asylum and sings about a guy who has to live without this girl he loves and so his mind feels like an asylum.

I'll see you die, in asylum
i live a lie
Don't you know I'm in love with you
And I wasn't ready, for asylum
relive a lie
To let go, now it's dragging me into your grave
Your asylum
forget the lie
Overcome all the feelings, that I won't get to join you in time
This loneliness is killing me.

Another song talks about global warming. My Child talks about a guy who has become a father and he's afraid of what kind of father he'll be. Innocence is about corrupt lawyers who lie and cheat for their client's to be released from jail:

Your corruption is like a cancer growing inside
You owe the world an apology
You've been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide
You face your judgement another day
And suffer eternally
I love this album and I give it 4.5 out 5.

The last review of this blog is Linkin Park's A Thousand Suns. This album is a concept album, meaning that all the songs flow together. This album is focused on war and the end of the war which is unlike Linkin Park's old songs. Linkin Park used to say, "screw the world" and now we're trying to save it? Their songs have turned into mainstream, light, technoey crap that made me really really depressed to listen to this album. I was very disappointed, and now when I say who my favorite bands are I have to mention Linkin Park but only their old stuff, because they've gone downhill ever since their days of Hybrid Theory and Meteora. RIP Linkin Park

I give this album 1 out of 5.

Well that's all I can think of folks





No comments: