Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Top 25 and comments

Wow! Two posts in one day. Work is really dead today so I have time to do stuff like this :)

1. Boise State
  • Okay, I know this is my favorite team, but when you start off the year ranked #3 in the nation and the two teams in front of you have lost, you're still undefeated, and you haven't had any scares against crappy teams yet, I'm going to put them #1.

2. TCU

  • Same reason as listed above. I thought TCU's thrashing of Baylor earlier this season meant nothing, but with Baylor now ranked in the top 25, it is looking better and better.

3. Oregon

  • There's not much you can say about Oregon except for the fact that they just embarrass every team that they play. Their offense is unstoppable. Let's see how their defense does against USC who is looking better.

4. Auburn

  • Right now the BCS has them ranked at #1 but what the BCS computers doesn't realize is that even though they've beaten four ranked teams, it hasn't been in convincing fashion. They beat Mississippi State by 3, needed overtime to beat Clemson, needed a last second field goal to beat Kentucky, and beat an overrated LSU team by seven. Computers don't see that though. I do.

5. Missouri

6. Michigan State

  • The reason I picked Missouri over Michigan State: I think Oklahoma is better than Wisconsin. If Michigan State beats Iowa this week, I'll be more convinced to move them ahead.

7. Utah

  • Ahead of Alabama, because they haven't lost yet.

8. Alabama

9. Wisconsin

10. Oklahoma

11. Ohio State

12. Stanford

13. LSU

14. Florida State

  • I have them higher in the rankings than the BCS does. To me, they've just looked more impressive than some of the other one loss teams that are ahead of them.

15. Arizona

16. Nebraska

17. Virginia Tech

  • I know I want this team ranked high because they lost to Boise State, but I really believe that this team is rolling on all cylinders and that they have the best chance of winning the ACC

18. Baylor

  • Just like Virginia Tech, this team has been looking good the past few weeks.

19. Oklahoma State

20. South Carolina

21. Iowa

22. Arkansas

23. Mississippi State

24. Hawaii

  • Have them ahead of Nevada cause.... well... uh, they beat Nevada.

25. Miami

No comments: