Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Taste in Music



I have been running out of ideas, but I see not many people have been reading my previous blogs. That's okay. I decided to write on my taste in music and why I like it. I love all kinds of music, except country, but there are three bands that stand above all of them and they are:




LINKIN PARK




My taste in Linkin Park started in the summer of my 9th to 10th grade year. I was sick of not having a certain band to like, and a style of music to turn to. I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was in Logan visiting my family (Lester's family) I was so bored there and we decided to go to Best Buy. I saw Linkin Park's album, Meteora, and I decided to buy it. I knew a few songs off the CD already so I thought it was a pretty good investment. I have fell in love with the band and listen to them constantly. I own all of their CD's and in fact I bought their newest album so early that I didn't get the collector's edition, because they had not put them on the racks yet. My favorite song from this group is "From the Inside"




"I'll take everything from the Inside


and just throw it all away


cause I swear for the last time


I won't trust myself with you"




I love Linkin Park because their songs are not about how much their girlfriend is a slut or how its always the girls fault. They sing about how they feel and all the problems that they can go through. It was this time in my life I was having major girl drama and this music helped me see that it wasn't all me.




DISTURBED




This is my dark music. Even though it's not that dark haha. I love Disturbed just as much (if not more than) Linkin Park. My love for them started early in high school, probably my Junior year in weights when I heard their album, Ten Thousand Fists. They actually have some great songs. If you look up the lyrics (because you can't understand them half the time :) My favorite song, as of now, (it changes so often) The Curse




I've held on too long just to let it go now


will my inner strength get me through it some how


defying the curse that has taken hold


never surrender i'll never be overcome




Disturbed just makes me feel invincible when I hear their music which pumps me up. Which explains why my XBOX Live GamerTag is ND3STRUCT1BLE (pronounces Indestructible) after the song, Indestructible




I'm Indestructible determination that is incorruptible


From the other side a terror to behold


annhilation will be unavoidable


every broken enemy will know


that their opponent had to be invincible


take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an Indestructible master of war




THREE DAYS GRACE




This band is kind of out of the ordinary, but finishes out my top 3. This group is a little more relaxed, but sings about almost the same things. My favorite song is Over and Over




So many thoughts that I can't get out of my head


I try to live without you everytime I do I feel dead


I know what's best for me, but I want you instead


I'll keep on wasting all my time




There are some artists I hate, but the biggest one that stands out to me is TAYLOR SWIFT haha. Not just because she's a chick, and she sings country, but she's only what, 19? She sings songs as if she's a 9th grade drama girl. Every song is about how it's ALWAYS her boyfriend's fault and she's this perfect girl. She's always the victim of her relationship problems. It just drives me insane.




HONORABLE MENTIONS




BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE


I'm slowly gaining more love towards this band. This is my screamer band. When you look up the lyrics you'll find that their is some great stuff here.




NICKELBACK


Nickelback is a hit and miss with me. Some of their songs are just so awesome and I loved them before they came out on the radio. Namely: Far Away, If Everyone Cared, Saving Me, Someday, but then there are some songs that I just don't understand. They're kind of dirty for me and nah. Like Figure You Out and Something In Your Mouth.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't beleive you didn't list the Doobies as one of your favorites, or the Moody Blues?
Dad

Lindsay said...

I agree with you on Linkin Park and Nickelback! I love them...especially Chad Kroeger! I disagree with you on Taylor Swift....I think she's cute!

Dani said...

I like Taylor Swift; and country's not all bad. I think you had me listen to Disturbed once...it was..disturbing :0)