Friday, April 10, 2009

VIDEO GAMES: MY LIFE






I have to admit my life is video games. I don't know how I will live without them for 2 years. I have achieved a gamerscore of 8,750 so far. Which is pretty decent for the amount of games I own. Here are some games I find myself playing a lot...






MIRROR'S EDGE:



I let my friend, who I used to work at APX with, borrow my game, Mirror's Edge. This game is about a girl street runner, Faith, who's sister is framed for a murder. Faith must use her street running abilities to avoid cops and discover who actually murdered the victim and clear her sister's name. This game is so fun, because it allows you to do things you could never dream of doing in real life like jumping off buildings and running up walls. I give it a 4 out of 5!






MASS EFFECT:



Mass affect is a story that takes place in the 22nd Century (~2180) I love this game because you get to determine every outcome of the game. When you start the game you will choose your background and abilities you have. You choose the dialogue and how to react to certain situations. You can choose to be the guy who takes the high road, or you can be an officer who it's "my way or the highway" or maybe a little bit of both.



As far as the story goes... The galaxy is made of many different races. There are three main races: The Asari, Salarians, and Turians. Each race has a member who is considered part of the "Citadel Council" For many years the humans have tried to be admitted into the citadel council, and when a Turian Spectre (Spectres are like the secret agents) decides to go rogue, they allow you to become a Spectre to stop him. This turian, Saren, is trying to open the transporter to allow the Reapers, a robotic race, to come in and annhilate all of galaxy life as we know it. This annhilation has been a chain of events that has happened ever since time began.



This game is so fun, and actually makes you play the game at least three times in order to get all 1000 gamerpoints. However I messed some things up and I had to play it all the way through almost 6 times. A sequel is set to come out in the 1st quarter of 2010 and I will be asking Zach to buy that game for me so I can play it when I get home. The sequel has been said that what decisions you made in the first game will affect the storyline in the second. I'm way excited. I give it a definite 5 out of 5!






HALO 3



One of the best trilogies of all time has definately been at the top of what I play. I mostly play this game online against others and am exited to tell you all that I've finally reached a level 45/50 ranked skill level. I'm currently a Brigadier grade 2.



Just yesterday the new "Mythic Maps" were released into XBOX Live Marketplace and you know I was one of the first 1,000 to download it. The new maps include: Sandbox, Orbital, and Assembly. My favorite one is Sandbox. It's a forgers dream. Me and Zach will have lots of fun with that when I come back home.






THE GUITAR HERO SERIES



I have not played a whole lot of guitar hero lately, but how can I not put this game in. As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I'm pretty dang good at this game. I've betten "Through The Fire and Flames" on Expert several times now, and am only two songs away from the "Enlightened Guitarist" achievement which is achieveing 100% on 20 songs.



Guitar Hero World Tour is a fun game as well. However the guitar is much easier, and I suck at the drums. Plus I'm usually too lazy to set them up to really play them a whole lot.



Breaking News: Guitar hero is coming out with a greatest album game in June. They will have their best songs from the 1st three guitar hero songs and will make it able to be played on drums and vocals. This means Through the Fire and Flames will be able to be played on drums soon.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Maybe the mission will get it out of your system. :) hehe

Anonymous said...

I am going to second what Lindsay said. I'll pray for you. hehe I Love You!