Saturday, April 11, 2009

Utah Drivers

Another thing that has crossed my mind the past couple of weeks has been how stupid Utah drivers are. Note that it didn't take 10 months of me living here to figure it out, but I really got irritated the other day. They all drive as if they're in a huge hurry to get somewher. I have never seen cars switch lanes so often. There will be 6 cars waiting in one lane at a light and 4 cars in the next lane over. The last guy in the lane with 6 cars will cut you off just so he can be one car length closer to the light. I mean c'mon. Whoopde do you saved yourself 2 sec. It's always funny when the lane he just left ends up going faster and he get's left in the dust.

For being in such a hurry these idiots do not know what the purpose of a green arrow does. There has been numerous times where I will wait at a light for 15 seconds before the few cars in front of me decide they want to go at a green arrow. C'mon dude. If you're going to cut me off then at least go when you're supposed to. Here's another hint to. If you're trying to turn right and you're at a red light. and the intersection to the right of you has a green left arrow. You can turn right without worrying about oncoming traffic. Amazing huh.

Maybe I'm posting this because I'm coming an insane driver, or just maybe because I'm a smart driver and if you use your brains rather than your foot you can actually get places faster.

1 comment:

Brandt said...

"Driving in Utah" those words are almost as bad as "You have cancer". Perhaps worse depending on the person and there optimism. Good stuff!