Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Temple: Take 2

Today was a step up from what yesterday was. I got so bored yesterday I was about ready to shoot myself.

Today was our youth temple trip to the Twin Falls temple. Mother and I decided to go early and do a session before the youth got there. It was a great session and I learned more than last time. I can get use to this!

After the session we went down to meet with the youth and do baptisms. Bro. Bunn, Bro. Jeff Harris, and I were the baptisers. Bunn did the 1st half of girls, Harris did the last half and first half of the boys, and I did the last half. What a cruel joke. It was great and an awesome experience to baptize my brother, Zach, but the next three boys were the biggest ones in our youth. For those of you who don't know Aaron Tolman he is about 6 foot 4 and 250 pounds. The first time I put him under he almost took me with him. I got it down after the second or third try so It wasn't too chaotic.

I love the temple and I'm grateful to have one close now. The things you learn inside are so amazing. I love being a member of this church, and I cannot wait to serve my mission.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

That's funny you had to do the boys. :) I'm glad you had a great time.

Dani said...

haha, that's funny! Remember I keep telling you how strong you are; good thing too - otherwise Aaron would have brought you under!